Sunday, August 31, 2003

What Does "Mambocat" mean?"

I must admit that I am cheered to already have an e-mail from my new blog, this one asking the meaning of "Mambocat."

Although I now live in Baton Rouge, LA, I was born and raised in New Orleans, LA, USA, where "mambo" music, associated with Mardi Gras, is well known. I chose the name based on the wiggly, hip-swinging, sashay of a fat cat's natural walk, which seems to go so nicely to the mambo beat.

"Cats are women in little fur coats. Dogs are men in little fur coats." -- Author unknown

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." -- Oscar Wilde

And for all you knitters who think it's "cute" when your cats (or dogs) play with yarn, please remember that ingested yarn or thread can cause grievous, life-threatening damage to your pet's intestinal system. However "cute" Fluffy may look playing with yarn, it can kill her. Please keep your yarn and thread away from your pets, and if you ever see thread or yarn hanging out of your pet's anus, DO NOT TOUCH IT and DO NOT PULL IT! Call your veterinarian immediately.

Best,

Mambocat

mambocatz@yahoo.com