Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Search Continues...

















Timmy Sock is stil missing. So far, the search for Timmy has turned up a considerable number of missing objects, including, but not limited to, the items shown above:
  • several missing (and since replaced) cat collars (only one shown here)
  • a back massager
  • a set of keys I no longer know the purpose for
  • a pencil with a rattlesnake pattern printed on it
  • a letter opener shaped like a marlin
  • a bottle of Excedrin from the 1970's (do not become alarmed -- this was in the rear of a desk drawer, not in a medicine cabinet)
  • one commercially made tennis sock
  • a small red pocketknife
  • a keychain screwdriver
  • an astounding number of cat toys (only two depicted here).
Sigh. At least I have a cleaner house now. Timmy remains missing, but all non-knitting related locations have been searched, even unlikely locations such as the Dark Pit Behind The Stereo Cabinet, and The Land of Doom Behind the Dryer.

I have contacted the milk carton people but they refuse to put Timmy's picture out. This is very disappointing. Of course, I haven't tried the goat-milk people yet. Perhaps they will consider it, what with Timmy being wool, and sheep and goats being so closely related and all that.

--Mambocat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air today - Wendy Johnson (of book and blog fame) is also doing the fall cleaning up routine this long weekend. I'm getting ready to start on the knitting in the living room - it's over-running the space I had put it in.

I check in regularly, thanks Dez for an always worthwhile read!

Carol

erin said...

As I was reading your most recent post, I happened to misread "tarpon" and read "tampon" instead. I'm so glad to see a little fish on the end of that letter opener. Hmm. May be time to clean my glasses.

You may wish to contact the fabric softener folk as well. Can't you see a "missing" notice on the back of a Snuggle box or a Downy bottle?

Just a thought.

May Timmy soon return.

Erin

Anonymous said...

actually, the fish attached to the letter-opener is a marlin. tarpons, tho lovely and athletic, are a species lacking swordbill and sailfin.

Dez Crawford said...

Indeed, you are correct about the fish in question. I have no idea why "tarpon" flew off my keyboard, when I know better. Gracias. I shall make the correction.