Thursday, December 04, 2008

Yarn Therapy at the
Knitting Asylum

Tonight we are having the first monthly Knit Night at the Knitting Asylum.  I'm calling it Yarn Therapy, and it's going to be the first Thursday of every month from 5:30-8:30.

I can't believe how fast the past month has gone by and how very little time I have had to blog while getting this shop set up, but there is an enormous process of applying for wholesale accounts, and waiting for things to be shipped, and sussing out how to fit everything I want to offer into less than 600 square feet of space, or about the size of a small one-bedroom apartment.  

I am about half-stocked but new merchandise is coming every day.   I have a good selection of hand spindles, wheels, fibers, carders, and roving ... knitting yarns from Lily Chin, Knitivity, Wool in the Woods, Sockotta, and a variety of closeouts, as well as bamboo needles, small weaving looms, and (so far) a modest supply of knitting books and some crochet items, as well as my own handspun yarn and hand-dyed batts and roving.  Something for everyone who makes things with string ....

An update will follow after Knit Night!

(And yes, there will be pictures.)

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

I am really happy you have the shop, and hope my local friend who is visiting Baton Rouge will drop by! I encouraged her.

Raytheist said...

What an excellent idea -- Yarn Therapy! ('cuz we all need to increase our fiber intake!)

If you haven't done so, a Ravelry group for your local friends/fans helps. And be sure to drop a note on the Knitivity Knitterati group so my Baton Rouge customers can find you (and my yarns) locally in your shop.