Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Aloha, again.

This is Lisa, and I spoke very briefly on the phone with Dez today. We were having horrible reception problems, but they are doing ok.

Last night, we spoke for a while after I posted. She had talked to her mom's neighbor, and mom's house in New Orleans was fine!! Very, very good news.

Their house had a lot of tree branches and debris on the roof. She couldn't tell if there was any damage under the branches, but at least the house and roof are intact. She also said there was extensive damage to the power poles, etc. in their area and it may be some time before the power is restored.

The land line (aka house phone) wasn't working, and there is no electricity to run a computer so no blog or email for the time being. She said when she was able to get to a working computer (parts of Baton Rouge have power) she would post.

Thank you from both of us for your concern and good wishes. As I know more, I'll update the blog and Dez will post when possible.

This storm turned out to be much, much worse for Baton Rouge than anyone anticipated, so I for one, am very glad they came through in one piece. Now the clean up and hard work begins.

If you need to reach me, my email is mauikono@aol.com. Comments posted to Dez's blog are currently being forwarded to me also, so I can be reached that way also.

Again, thanks for caring.

Aloha,

Lisa Louie
Kahului, Maui, Hawaii

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother Nature is so unpredictable, and that's what makes her so awesomely frightening. Glad that Dez is okay. I know that we tend to focus on NOLA, but that's not the only place that needs our concern. Thanks for the updates; you are a great blessing to Dez!

Knitterman said...

Thanks to Lisa for continuing the updates. Thanks to Mother Nature for not being as destructive as she could have been.

Hang in there, Dez (and family).

Ray in Houston