Friday, October 10, 2008

Stunt Double Blogger, once more

Aloha, all!

This is Lisa, blogging again for Dez, in beautiful downtown Kahului, Maui.
Dez has stepped away from the blog briefly, and I wanted to give you a quick update. She's fine, the internet has been restored, but the doohickey that goes into the thingamajig which connects to the the dakine of the whatsit on the computer is not working. In the real world, her computer has "fallen and it can't get up." If you happen to speak Hawaiian pidgin, the computer "stay bust". She's making an attempt to deal with it, but wanted me to fill you in briefly. FYI, she can check email and is doing so sporadically.

First of all, The Knitting Asylum is very rapidly becoming a real "bricks and mortar" store. Dez has leased a space in Baton Rouge, and is doing paperwork and meeting utility providers and other people to get it up and running very soon. She'll have spinning supplies, give spinning lessons, sell hand spun yarn, and more. She'll provide details when the &^%$#@!)(* computer (or its replacement) is functioning.

Second of all, this is a blatant and heartfelt plea to please please please continue supporting our mutual friend and dye genius extraordinaire, Ray Whiting at Knitivity. Ray is trying to keep his life and his business going in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike that plastered Houston where Ray lives. Dez and I are offering serious goodies to all who purchase yarn from Ray before October 15, and email her with the info. There will be a random drawing, and you really could be a winner. This is a serious (and unsolicited by Ray) attempt to help him after the mess Houston is in. There is both free yarn and chocolate available for those who buy Ray's yarns. See him at www.knitivity.com I can't promise the link will work, as I've never done links before, so my apologies if it doesn't work, and you can cut and paste it into the right spot.

Happy Friday-

Aloha,

Lisa Louie
Kahului, Maui, Hawaii

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your "voice" again, Lisa.

So, with all these computer troubles, did Dez receive my email of 9/18 when I bought yarn from Ray?

Dez Crawford said...

Hi Meezermeowy!

I can access email from my husband's computer and I can even make comments on my own blog, but I can't import pictures or manipulate text because he has a very old Apple with compatibility issues. He uses it mainly for text and accessing his favorite websites so that's not an issue for him -- he just thinks it's a little slow but he loves it.

I shall attempt a post today and then perhaps edit it later when I can manipulate textt.

I did receive a large number of emails for our contest for Ray and I am adding a bag of Mello Joy coffee, roasted in Lafayette, Louisiana, to the prize drawing, as well as a package of stovetop Jambalaya mix.